Well, here goes. The first post on my blog. Scary stuff!
I'm looking forward to Cam 23 as an opportunity to discover some new Web 2.0 technologies and social media and hopefully find some that will be useful tools for work. I've used some of the Things before outside work, for example as a member of a sports club we've found Google Calendar and Google Documents great ways of scheduling training sessions and sharing documents. Facebook is probably the Thing I have used most, but only in my personal life so it will be interesting to see how libraries and librarians are using it. Several other Things are familiar to me, but I haven't explored them in depth and so have been a passive user of them e.g. I respond to Doodle requests but have never used it to set meetings up and have looked at others' photos on Flickr but have never added any myself. I have so far been unsure of Twitter and never used it so it will be good to try it out - maybe I will be a convert!
I think blogging about each Thing will be a very useful reflective exercise and hope that by the end of 23 Things I'll be familar with a wider range of social media and Web 2.0 tools and be more confident in using them.
Cam23 2.0, 2011
15 years ago
Sounds like I am doing pretty much the same as you with the Google Documents in a personal capacity. We've found an online programme an invaluable way to make sure we are all in the same place at the same time. Previous out of date paper copies and inaccessible email accounts were a nightmare.
ReplyDeleteYour experiences sound like mine! It'll be interseting to see how things pan out and what we all think by the end of 23 Things. I like iGoogle but have put it for home and try not to have it up at work - so not sure if this is defeating the purpose of the exercise.
ReplyDelete