23 Things banner

23 Things banner

Thursday, 10 June 2010

Thing 6 - Google Calendar

There I was just thinking that I needed a work diary or calendar to keep track of all my late duty swaps and the like, and then along comes Thing 6!


I've used Google Calendar before with a rowing club. We use it to schedule training sessions and mark when we're unavailable . This is pretty vital when you need all 9 people to attend in order to get out on the river!

I did set myself up with a personal Google Calendar a while back, but never actually used it. I found it much easier to just consult a little paper diary rather than log in to Google Calendar. Having now rediscovered it for Thing 6, I've added all my late duty swaps to it and plan to use it as a work calendar. Without wanting to repeat myself too often in praise of iGoogle, I'm much more likely to use the calendar now it's on my iGoogle page which I log into anyway. We'll see how it goes over the next few weeks anyway...
In previous jobs, I used Outlook and must confess to being a bit of a fan of Outlook calendar, particularly when everyone I worked with had an Outlook calendar that I could easily check. Google calendar is better than nothing though!

I can see the value for libraries in terms of publicising events and opening hours.




No comments:

Post a Comment