I'll start with a picture by stevecadman on Flickr...Got up and went to work at the UL (this building here in case anyone on Cam 23 Things doesn't know!).
In between helping readers at an enquiry desk, I explored Flickr and learnt about the Creative
Commons-licensed content. This is really useful as I hadn't realised that there is such a wealth of images that can be reused. Previously I have searched for images on the web but thought that none of them could be reused due to copyright. I haven't needed to use images for creating printed promotional material such as posters yet in my current role, but it is useful to know that they are available when/if the need arises. The images are available as different sizes which makes them versatile. When doing future website updates I'll consider whether an image might be appropriate and if so will investigate whether there are any suitable images available on Flickr. And of course, in the meantime they can liven up my blog. Found this nice cheerful image of a field of sunflowers by Brian Hathcock on Flickr to remind me of the South of France. One thing caught my attention: does any clever 23 Thinger know what makes an image appear on the 'Interesting' tab?
Commons-licensed content. This is really useful as I hadn't realised that there is such a wealth of images that can be reused. Previously I have searched for images on the web but thought that none of them could be reused due to copyright. I haven't needed to use images for creating printed promotional material such as posters yet in my current role, but it is useful to know that they are available when/if the need arises. The images are available as different sizes which makes them versatile. When doing future website updates I'll consider whether an image might be appropriate and if so will investigate whether there are any suitable images available on Flickr. And of course, in the meantime they can liven up my blog. Found this nice cheerful image of a field of sunflowers by Brian Hathcock on Flickr to remind me of the South of France. One thing caught my attention: does any clever 23 Thinger know what makes an image appear on the 'Interesting' tab?
At the end of the day, I watched the beautiful sunset over Koh Samui as captured here by chi king on Flickr (well, a blogger can dream can't they!)
No comments:
Post a Comment